Relax, Lennah's not really driving - yet.



Well, it's official. Nathan has accepted a transfer to Takla Landing, BC. It's a small reservation of 150 residents 230 km NW of Fort St. James (approximately 4 hours into the bush from Prince George).
Yes, it's in the middle of nowhere. It's a 2 year Isolated Post. Which means in two years when he's done, we get our choice of detachments in BC! Yeahhh, no more Whalley. We get a double-wide trailer to live in, in a fenced compound attached to the detachment. Dawson will finally have some space to roam. I will be taking the 2 years off for care and nurturing to raise our daughter (gotta love the federal government).
I can't wait to slow down and just be a family. Nathan is really looking forward to the type of policing he's always wanted to do - community, and hopefully make a real difference. Nathan will be reporting for duty by the end June and I will be following soon after. Or, as soon as Deanna has her baby!
We will be keeping our townhouse for at least a year and renting it out. Best to keep our foot in the door back here on the coast. I've attached a couple of pics from our trip up there in January. -25 without any windchill and it took 20 hours to get there with baby, dog, snowstorm and flat tire.
4 comments:
Michelle,The pictures are great, I am happy for you,mom
I figured it out! Man I'm good on the computer ( HA!) Those are some cute pictures! I hadn't seen the one where Lennah's "driving".
How adorable!
Thank you for your comments, I'm so anxious to know what everyone thinks - and excited (you know me!)
It's so much fun, I highly recommend everyone has a blog.
Keep checking in for some catch-up and some new news.
WOW...It's like you guys are gonna be in 'Fargo' (you know the movie right!? hahah) It certainly does sound like a worth while move; with you being able to devote your time to being uber mommy and having the choice to live anywhere in BC after the term, very cool.
Best to you guys in your adventure!
Lennah is gorgeous :)
xoxo
Heidi n Matt
Post a Comment